One look at the map of the Arctic allows us to understand why the region is strategically important to Russia. In control of nearly half of the latitudinal circle, vast natural resources and militarily critical parts of the region, Moscow has both high stakes and a unique position to influence the regional developments.
- The “2024 Putin transit” and Russia’s political future
- The Arctic: Stable Governance Amid Melting Ice
- Russia’s Foreign Policy – Coping with Overextension and Uncertainty
- Russia’s economy until 2030: Falling behind
- The Arctic: rising temperatures, rising tensions?
- The future of Russia-China relations
- Petroleum Resources of the Arctic Ocean: A Broken Promise?
- The Future of the Arctic is Russian. Or is It?
- The Dragon looks to the North: China’s growing role in the Arctic
- The uncertain future of Russia’s domestic politics